Photo by Plush Design Studio on Unsplash
Most likely, it’s everyone’s most dreaded phrase to hear: It’s time for back to school!
We are getting into the end of August and you know what that means. Back to school time! Summer never seems to last long enough, does it? Some kids are excited (my little sister for example) and other kids… well are not. (my little brother for example!) I was never too excited about school time, other than a chance to hang out more with my friends. I always loved buying back to school supplies though… still do as a matter of fact!
What was your favorite thing about back to school? Seeing friends, participating in after school activities, maybe even actually going to class? Or were you more like me, excited to decorate your locker that would stay organized MAYBE a week, if that?
Either way, summer is winding down, so soak up as much vitamin D on your weekends as you can. Soon, it will be time for spookiness and pumpkins and sweaters! My favorite time!
To get you back in the mood for school, here are some great books to read outside your required reading time!
- For the littles:
- David Goes to School – David Shannon
- Llama Llama Misses Mama – Anna Dewdney
- Mom, It’s My First Day of Kindergarten! – Hyewon Yum
- Froggy Goes to School – Jonathan London
- Miss Nelson Is Missing! – Harry Allard
- The Night Before First Grade – Natasha Wing
- Kindergarten, Here I Come! – DJ Steinberg
- Twindergarten – Nikki Ehrlich
- Second Grade, Here I Come – D.J. Steinberg
- It’s Your First Day of School, Busy Bus! – Jody Jensen Shaffer and Claire Messe
- Third – Sixth Grade:
- Isadora Moon Goes to School – Harriet Muncaster
- Junie B., First Grader (at Last!) – Barbara Park
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing – Judy Blume
- The Misadventures of Max Crumbly: Middle School Mayhem – Rachel Renée Russell
- Junior High:
- The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl – Stacy McAnulty
- Schooled – by Gordon Korman
- Spy School – Stuart Gibbs (Spy School Series #1)
- The Star Wars: Jedi Academy trilogy – Jeffrey Brown
- Wonder – R.J. Palacio
- High School:
- If I’m Being Honest – Emily Wibberley
- Sleeping Freshman Never Lie – David Lubar
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
- Leah on the Offbeat – Becky Albertalli
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
School time can be a rough time, so why not delve deep in a good book? I know the library was where I was at back in the day. What are some of your favorite back to school reads? Drop a comment below, I’m curious what you have to say!
I’ll be working on a list for all the feel-good autumn books that makes us get our sweaters and coffee mugs out.
Until next time,
The Library Lady